Please visit the new blog...

This blog is no longer being updated. Please visit me at http://www.lesliemaddox.com.

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Natalie Grant - Wow!

Tonight was the Casting Crown's Christmas Celebration concert at the Berry Center. It was a blast from start to finish. All the performers knocked it out of the park.

Although everyone did a great job, the stand out performance was by Natalie Grant. Let me tell you, that woman can sing! If you haven't had a chance to hear her, you need to look her up and add her to your playlist. People who know me are probably in shock that I am so impressed with a particular performer because I am like Mikey from the Life cereal commercial; I don't like anyone. I think my professional career as a soloist, producer, and director has made me so darn picky.

This was my second time in the past year to hear Ms. Grant sing. What makes me so impressed with her is that she brings pure emotion to her voice. I can feel the Holy Spirit flow through her and into the crowd. There is no doubt that she is a genuine servant of God. Listening to her arrangement of "O Holy Night" brought tears to my eyes. I felt as if I was literally kneeling at the manger and looking into the face of God.

"O Holy Night" is a song that has been recorded by many artists. In my humble opinion most of the time it's done poorly. Up until tonight, there was only one person that could do that song justice. Congratulations Natalie, you are sharing the top of the hill with my mom. You both sing from the heart and with Christ as your center. I can't wait for your next stop in Houston. Have a merry Christmas everyone!