Please visit the new blog...

This blog is no longer being updated. Please visit me at http://www.lesliemaddox.com.

Monday, July 28, 2008

I COOKED

Saturday morning I made this for breakfast (one of Pioneer Woman's recipes) with a side of ham. We liked it so much that we had it again Sunday morning. I can't begin to tell you how much I ADORE this breakfast. Sure, it looks extremely fattening with all the butter and all, but I made it with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter and it was JUST AS GOOD! It's our new fave. It can be a little tricky to cook it long enough to toast the bread but not to the point of totally cooking the yolk. A runny yolk is a plus in my book.

I've gotta say I felt proud of myself for cooking a mighty tasty breakfast. It made me feel all wifely and all. Like such a little homemaker.

Sure, other things around the house need some attention. But I COOKED. And it was GOOD.

I hate laundry so much that Garrett usually does it. But I COOKED. And it was GOOD.

My feet are so jacked up that I dare not show them in public. And I'm too lazy to give myself a pedicure. But I COOKED. And it was GOOD.

I forget to turn on the dishwasher until we get to the point that we can't fit one more dish in there. But I COOKED. And it was GOOD.

I drove my husband crazy yesterday telling him how I would do math problems. And he hadn't even asked. But I COOKED. And it was VERY GOOD.

So thank you, Pioneer Woman. Thank you for sharing a recipe that makes me feel like a wife. Thank you for a recipe that makes me forget about my failings. And thank you for a recipe that makes me feel like I did Something Worthwhile that day. I will be forever grateful.