Please visit the new blog...

This blog is no longer being updated. Please visit me at http://www.lesliemaddox.com.

Friday, August 1, 2008

"Hot Date" or "How to Analyze All the Fun Out Of Something"

Tonight I have a hot date with my husband. "Hot" as in we're going to an outdoor concert...in Texas...during the month of August. Sizzling.

Seriously, I'm totally excited about this. It's a MercyMe / Natalie Grant concert, so good times are expected. Garrett surprised me with the tickets as a way to celebrate my birthday. Isn't that sweet? Alright everybody, say it with me now..."Awwwwwwwwww!"

We've never been to a concert together, so don't really know what to expect from each other. What is appropriate concert behavior? I suppose it depends on the artists involved. So a MercyMe concert, whose concert-goers will be 99% Christian, will have a different atmosphere than, say, a Bon Jovi concert. Not that Bon Jovi fans can't love Jesus. I love Jesus and "Livin' On A Prayer" holds a special place in my heart simply for being the catalyst of many a daydream during my high school years.

Anyway, I digress. Tonight we're expecting to hear songs like "I Can Only Imagine," "Word of God Speak," and "Held." So as far as behavior goes, I foresee much swaying and closing of eyes. Singing when I remember the words. Maybe even the appearance of a couple of tears. *sniff*

What can I say, I feel deeply. Truly. I am a deep well of boiling emotion. It's gotta come out sometime, whether it be pretty or ugly. Since tonight is a "date," let's hope that it's the former and not the latter.

Wait a minute, what am I saying? I've got the ring on my finger, so he can't escape no matter how ugly I get! I OWN him! HUWAHAHAHAHA!

Not that I don't appreciate him and all his cuteness. Being on a date with my husband always reminds me of the first time we met. As I sat looking at him on that sweltering November day (it's cold in Houston for all of 5 minutes), I thought to myself, "Could I kiss those lips?" I'm happy to say that I have kissed them many, many, many......MANY times. And I plan to get kissed again tonight. *wink*

So, being a list person (aka NERD), I've composed a list of the behavior I expect to experience this evening:

  • Sweating in the sweltering Houston heat.
  • Singing off key.
  • Swaying.
  • Closing of eyes.
  • Tearing up.
  • And a whole lot of kissing.
Good times.