Please visit the new blog...

This blog is no longer being updated. Please visit me at http://www.lesliemaddox.com.

Sunday, April 27, 2008

The 23rd Psalm?

I got this from a missionary at a Perspectives class. I don't know if it's real or not, but it's interesting to think of how a cultural gap can lead us to misinterpret Scripture.

The 23rd Psalm
(According to the Khmus Tribe of Laos)

The Great Boss is the one who takes care of my sheep,
I don't want to own anything.
The Great Boss wants me to lie down in the field.
He wants me to go to the lake.
He makes my good spirit come back.
Even though I walk through something the missionary calls the valley of the shadow of death,
I do not care.
You are with me.
You use a stick and a club to make me comfortable.
You manufacture a piece of furniture right in front of my eyes while my enemies watch.
You pour car grease on my head.
My cup has too much water in it and therefore overflows.
Goodness and kindness will walk single file behind me all my life.
And I will live in the hut of the Great Boss until I die and am forgotten by the tribe.

(If anyone can tell me where this originated from please let me know!)

No comments: